Wednesday, April 17, 2013

THE LORD IS REAL TO ME


Cue Amen by Kurt Carr. First time really hearing this track. Just put the ipod on shuffle and this song came on. It’s sad that I forget what’s on my ipod, ain’t it? Welp.

So originally this blog was going to be one of those depressing blogs. One of those blogs where I’m preaching to myself but I act like I’m in the spirit and talking to somebody that may be reading. Yeah. One of those blogs where I act like I’m deep and some of you actually buy it. Ok here’s what happened after a conversation on the phone which most of you know I hate to do. I hate talking on the phone with a passion. A PASSIONATE HATRED for talking on the phone. So after this conversation I was pissed off and down in the dumps. We talking land fill dumps. No lie, it was dangerous. We had to go to Bible Study and thank God my sister drove. Not saying I wouldn’t have done anything but who knows, right? So my little sister saw I was feeling a little down. She asked me if I was alright, and I told her the truth and said I wasn’t. So she drove to church. Which despite of how I was feeling, I ended up teaching Bible Study. Um, what? How? I was obedient and taught Bible study a lesson that I did not study, by the way. That’s the kind of stuff that blows my mind about God. I mean you hear and read in the Bible that he used a donkey and a rooster, but never really…you know? I mean after I acted like a jackass, there I am…again, what?

So after Bible Study, I started feeling a little better. I mean you hear it said that when you walk into the building your mood should change but never really believe—am I the only one? It had to be nothing but God. He’s real.

Why was I down, you ask? Why was I feeling depressed? I could go religious and say the devil was influencing my mind, but I don’t know for sure if that’s the case. I mean ok, God doesn’t bring depression, so I guess by default....but honestly, you don’t hear me saying the devil is influencing the thoughts that I have, because I don’t hear anybody telling me what to think or what to say. Ok, I look at it like this, the Bible says in Proverbs, that death and life lies in the power of the what? Tongue, right? So in essence I was speaking death on the situation I was in. Not going to say what was I thinking on this blog, but this is not the time or the place, but just know it wasn’t necessarily “power positive thinking” if you will. Like some folks, I don’t post everything I’m feeling on FaceBook. BOOM!  Anymore…moving on.

Of course our thoughts and prayers are with the folks affected by the Boston bombing. We are getting closer to the end. If you are saved, definitely stay saved. If you’re on the line of I want to be saved, but I don’t want to give up this or that…time to make your decision. Jesus is soon to come. The Bible says, that God would rather you be hot or cold. If you’re lukewarm, he’ll spit you out. This is not the time to be lukewarm. Get right church and let’s go home.

Stay saved,

Daniel Richerson
Facebook.com/bigdusty
Twitter: @Big_Dusty

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!