Wednesday, September 12, 2012

HE CAN, HANDLE IT!

Ok I was going to post the lyrics to It's Been Awhile by Staind because you know it has been some weeks since I've done this and you know I figured it would fit...THEN I googled the lyrics....yeah, not even close to the situation here. Moving on...Cue--actually, right now I'm watching Think Like A Man. It's a great movie. Kevin Hart is who you would want him to be in this movie, Kevin Hart.

So just a little update, I'm finally doing some job searching after months of saying, "I hate this job," and doing nothing about it. Now here's the hard part, the heck am I searching for? Short term goals? What would I be willing to do? Where am I willing to go? Good questions. Very good questions....don't judge me, ok? All this just doesn't happen in an instant. Process people. Not the process you put in the hair, but the process that is also called steps. Taking steps. Steps...are what...I...am taking.

Now, another thing I've been thinking about. Personal stuff. Like when things don't go the way we want them to, whether it's a job or a relationship, do we really believe God knows what he's doing? Do we really believe that God has the best for us? That's what I'm learning. I've been in love, or thought I was in love with a couple of women in my lifetime, and nothing. Most of my former classmates, married and doing the dang thing. Being 25 now, I figured my life would be so much further ahead than it actually is. You know what? Maybe it should be. The reason I'm not there yet, is not God's fault. It's my fault. In a race, it's important to stay in your lane. Some of our problems is, we get try to take detours. We put in our own road blocks. We see other people thriving and we become spirtual rubber neckers slowing down our own personal traffic or walk. So back to the woman thing for just a sec. Maybe the one I think is the one, may be the one---for someone else. You know? Giving God control, literally means giving God control. I remember watching Steve Harvey on TBN one night and he was talking about a particular situation that happened in his life and then he said, "This was the first time I ever just let God handle it." Old song by Kirk Franklin says, "It really doesn't matter what you're going through. Just call on Jesus, He'll work it out for you. His yoke his easy, and his burden's light. Just give it to Jesus, He'll make it all right. He can handle it!" Just sayin...to you and to me. Let go. Let God.

Stay Saved,

Daniel Richerson aka Big Dusty
@Big_Dusty on Twitter and Instagram
Facebook.com/bigdusty

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!