Monday, December 12, 2011

THE MOST AMAZINGST BLOG!!

I’m about 5 seconds away from giving y’all the most amazingst blog, so imma give you 5, imma give you 4, imma give you 3, 2, 1…now I’m about to go WILD!!

Sleep. You never realize how important sleep is until you don’t get enough of it. Before I started working, I was sleeping all day. When I got tired, I just went to bed and went to sleep. Now with the job, sleep comes when it comes. With work, church, and finding something to eat, sleep happens, quite frankly, when it happens. I can’t count how many times I find myself yawning at work ready to fall asleep at my cubicle. When I go on break, while social networking through the phone, I’m surprised I don’t get whip lash the way I nod off.

I can’t blog much about what goes on at work, but I will talk about one thing. Smoking. It seems like everybody in the center smokes. The other day I was sitting beside a guy that smelt so bad. I’ve hung out with smokers throughout my life, but they never smelt like this guy. It was so bad folks, that when a customer beeped in on the phone, I could barely get through the conversation. I felt like I was going to die from second hand smoke. You know what’s funny about smokers though? Specifically cigarette smokers? They’re the main ones to tell you that smoking is bad or that it’s a bad habit. I remember some time ago when I lived across the street from a subway, I was walking back home and this guy asked me, “Do you have a lighter?” I said, “No, I don’t smoke.” This guy said, and I quote, “Good cause it’s bad for you.” #Areyouseriousbro?

Which leads me to another thing. Ever notice that the folks that tell you that something is bad are sometimes guilty of that something? Why is that? Why do we do that? Hypocrites. They’re all around. In and out of the church. There was an old song that I was taught when I was a kid, and I hated it. I still hate the tune of it with a passion, but the words are true. The song says, “I don’t want to be a hypocrite. I don’t want to be a hypocrite cause they’re not hip with it. I don’t want to be a hypocrite.” No I will not post a youtube video of me singing that awful awful awful awful song. Well maybe I will cause my views have been down lately, but either way…we as a people need to stop being hypocrites, especially in the church. I don’t know if we truly know how much people are paying attention in the church. The hypocrites think nobody know, while we’re out eating and talking about them. Yes, we talking about you. That’s how we do it in the church. We’ll smile in your face and give you a hug, but at the same time, if you’re wrong, we’ll talk about you. Wrong? Maybe. Fun? Definitely.

So the other night, I was on a K-Ci and JoJo trip. I’m serious, I went to Starbucks and bought All My Life, Life, Tell Me It’s Real, and Crazy off ITunes. My generation gets a bad rap of having bad music. Not all of the music was bad. Believe it or not, the 90s was a great era of music. Again, you had K-Ci and JoJo doing their thing. Then you had the Backstreet Boys and N’Sync. You had the One Week by Barenaked Ladies. You had Matchbox Twenty. You had Mariah Carey before she had ice-cream. You had Missy Elliot. You had Will Smith. You had Korn. You had a lot of good music. What Nickelodeon and Disney folks try to do in music now, where do you think they got that style from? The 90s. Something had to be right in the 90s for it to be continued to be mocked after 20 years from when the decade even started. They’re other songs and groups from the 90s that were good, I just can’t think of them off the top of my head.

That’s the blog folks. Hope you liked it and got something out of it. Be sure to leave a comment sharing your thoughts, opinions, and/or frustrations. Be sure to follow this blog. Feel free to read the other blogs. If you’re a wrestling fan, follow my Wrestling Blog. Subscribe to me on YouTube. Friend me on Facebook. Follow me on Twitter. Follow me on Tumblr. Follow me on DailyBooth.

Stay Saved,

Daniel Richerson aka Big Dusty

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!