Thursday, October 21, 2010

Walk Your Own Path

I don’t watch Oprah much or not at all. I never was a big fan of hers, and really got turned off when she denied Christ. So safe to say, it would have to be something interesting for me to watch it.

I heard Tyler Perry was going to be on, and me being a huge fan of his, this was a definite watch for me. The whole interview was hard for me to watch. It wasn’t because I experienced what he did because thank God I didn’t, but just the graphic and craziness that went on in his life was just unbearable to hear. I literally had chills listening to what came out of his mouth, and it’s amazing that he’s walking tall using his past as a spring for his fame now.

I can’t and don’t even want to imagine what it felt like to go through what he went through. This is why you got to be careful about saying, “I want to be like this guy,” or “I want to be like that guy or gal,” because you have no idea what they went through to get where they are now. I heard Shawn Michaels say this in a shoot interview where he was talking about Vince McMahon. He said, paraphrasing, that a lot of people go to Vince and ask him to “make me a millionaire” but don’t want to do the work.

There’s a phrase I heard a lot growing up that says, “You got to go through to get to.” There’s a lot of truth in that statement. All of us got our own paths to take. Me, myself, personally…I’m having trouble with my own path, so why would I want to walk in Tyler Perry’s shoes, or Donnie McClurkin’s shoes, or any other celebrity. Heck for that matter, I wouldn’t want to walk some of the paths you guys take every day. I think that’s why some people are scared to live out the best of their lives because they know that it’s not going to be a “cakewalk.” I know that’s sort of my thing now. I grew up with this mentality that life was going to be easy. I wish I could go back to that kid and tell him the truth.

Like I said in my blog on Job Core, I do have dreams. For a while I didn’t have dreams. I had dreams when I slept at night, but never had the kind of dreams of what I wanted to do with my life. Now I realize my dreams and aspirations, I’m trying to figure out how to pursue them. Why would I want anybody to walk in my shoes, when I’m still trying to figure out what my shoe size is? Know what I mean?

So don’t wish to be like anybody else. Wish to be like you. If you don’t like you right now, wish to be a better you. How do you be a better you? I really can’t answer that because I’m on the path of becoming a better me as I’m typing this. I’m still trying to figure that out. I do know one thing that helps. Being saved. Having Jesus in my heart. That helps a whole bunch.

Stay Saved,

Daniel Richerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!