Thursday, January 28, 2010

I couldn't leave this alone...

Really, I know I should probably back off from this subject but I can't help it. I love Gospel Rap, and I hate when ignorant people say that it can't be used. Here's my thing. You say it's demonic. You say it's no good. You figure since it's rap, they're automatically doing the same thing all the other "big named" rappers are doing. So when we dance in church, automatically, we're of the devil. Automatically we're in the clubs having an orgy with our clothes on because dancing is in the church. We sing in the church, so automatically we're talking about sex. Automatically we're cussing and drinking and having sex outside of marriages. That's what other singers do, so obviously singers that do it for God are doing the same thing. (Granted, some are, but that's not the point of this.)

The same people that say you don't have to stop dancing when you get saved, you just changed partners...say that you can't rap in church. It is written, "Use your gift to the glory of God." So what you saying is, when a person that raps gets saved and full with the holy ghost, they can't use they're gift of rap? But when somebody is a singer and they get saved, automatically, we want them to put out a Gospel album. I can't count how many times I've heard people say, "Jennifer Hudson needs to do Gospel." Automatically we want the best singers to do Gospel. I said in a past blog that salvation is an inside job. It's not the music that's bad people. It's the inside of the person that's doing the music. If the person is of the devil then the music is going to be...hello?

Ok, so you listen to rap when you weren't saved, now that you are saved, you say, "I can't listen to rap anymore." Well bless your heart. I'm not going to fault you for that. But let me say this, just because it didn't reach you, don't mean that it can't be reached to reach other people. (Preach Daniel!) When I was in high school, I had friends that listened to hip-hop that couldn't stand rock. I also had friends that listen to rock that couldn't stand hip-hop. So people are not going to like what you like. You may like the Canton Spirituals. I for one wouldn't pay a penny to hear them. But that's just me. The Canton Spirituals is obviously not meant to reach a person like me, but that doesn't mean they can't and haven't reached other people.

I heard somebody say that he doesn't like Tye Tribbett because he jumps around on stage like the secular artists do. So we can dance in the church because we "changed partners." We can sing in the church because we "changed partners." But how dare you have fun on church and get the crowd into it because the world does that. Uh...excuse me. The world dances and sings. Gotcha biscut as my little sister would say.

Come on people think. That's all I'm saying think. Wisdom is a heck of a thing if you use it. Every Gospel is not meant to reach you! Just because it's not reaching you doesn't mean it's of the devil!! I couldn't stand country in the world, so why would I listen to Gospel country? It's not meant to reach me. It's not for me, but that doesn't mean that somebody that's into country that's not saved, can't get saved by Gospel country. Y'all don't hear me...

Stay Saved,

Daniel Richerson

2 comments:

  1. I am kinda blunt aren't I? I'm not going to apologize for what I said. But if how I said it offends you, I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! plus your limiting God when you say these things arent you! thank God He's not limited to what we say!!!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!