Thursday, November 29, 2007

One Night Can Turn Your Life Into Hell Chapter 2

So the next day, after Riggs took his daughter to school, he headed to his office. As he pulled into his parking spot, he thanked God for another day then went on in to the building. He walked through the building doing his daily ritual which is basically saying “morning” to everyone who said morning to him. Sort of like the beginning of the movie Trading Places. When he got into his office, Jada was sitting on the couch. She stood up and extended her hand. Riggs shook it and asked her to have a seat.

“So Miss Jada, what brings you here this morning?”

“Well I was just wondering what it was you actually do, Riggs.”

Riggs started to explain what he did, and as he was explaining, he noticed that Jada wasn’t necessarily there to listen to him ramble. She wanted something else.

“Um, Jada? You’re not really here to know what I do, are you?”

She hesitated and then shook her head. Riggs took a deep breath.

“You know, maybe in a couple of days we can go out for dinner. Will that be cool?”

“Yea. Well I got to go see my dad. He was sleeping when I left. I guess I’ll see you in a couple of days then. Here’s my address and phone number to reach me.”

They shook hands and Jada left. Riggs hadn’t been on a date for about 3 years, so he called in his assistant, Carter for advice.

“Ok the first question is how much money you got?” Carter asked the person who owns the company.

“Never mind,” Carter continued. “Um, well if you’re going to take her out to dinner, go to a place that’s not as cheap as fast-food and not as expensive as a formal restaurant, know what I mean? Don’t want to over/under do it. Keep it just…”

“Simple?” Riggs jumped in.

“Moderate.”

1 comment:

  1. You mother hubbard!! why didn't you finish this?

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!